China Glaze Spring Pastels Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 27 April 2017


I am so glad to finally be able to sit down and write this post.  I actually had to push it back in my blog planner because I didn't think I would get the time to swatch this collection but I somehow managed.  I'm really not sure how but who am I to question it?  Anyway, on one of my random scrolls through somewhere (Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest...I really can't remember) I saw that China Glaze not only released the Spring Fling Collection for Spring but they also had another collection (well two if you also include the Shades Of Nude Collection) - the Spring Pastels Collection.  I am a huge fan of pastels.  I think they are so beautiful so I just knew I had to get my hands on these babies and I am sooooo glad that I did!  


To save myself telling you the same thing over and over the formulas across these polishes are great (especially for such light colours) and I am in love with the colours!  Each polish is easy to work with and is opaque in two to three coats.   

A Waltz In The Park is a pale purple.  Easily a favorite of mine.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Are You Orchid-ing Me is described as a soft orchid.  Another favourite.  My swatch shows two coats.


Belle Of A Baller is described as a gemstone pink.  Another favourite (I know I am repeating myself with that one - sorry).  This one I used two coats for my swatch, however I am questioning whether or not I need a third coat.


Casual Friday is described as a sorbet yellow.  Huge fan of this one.  Such a gorgeous yellow.  This one did apply unevenly so needed three coats to even out.


Chalk Me Up! is described as a pale sky blue.  This is another favourite of mine.  This one does apply unevenly on the first coat, however evens out beautifully on the second coat.


My Sweet Lady is described as a sweet peony pink.  This is another that does apply unevenly and needed three coats to even out.  But I am in love with the colour so I will accept doing three coats for it.


Spring Jungle is described as a pale pistachio.  Now this is a green that I can definitely wear over and over!  So gorgeous.  I used two coats for my swatch.


That'll Peach You is described as a juicy apricot.  Now this is the only one that I kinda question in this collection.  The colour is nice, but it's not a favourite of mine.  It applies unevenly and needed three coats to even out which was quite the surprise given it's not a very light colour.  I was expecting that it would be two coats.


I'm sure you already know that I am going to say that I love this collection.  It's everything that I could hope for in a Spring Collection and certainly makes up for the Spring Fling Collection.  Thank you China Glaze!

8 comments:

  1. I really love this collection a lot more than the Spring Fling <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! This is definitely a perfect spring collection <3

      Delete
  2. Yey! These are so gorgeous, I wish we had them here already, but I have to wait few weeks :D Did you order them from the States?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These really are gorgeous! Definitely recommend them. I did order these from the States. In fact, I order all of my CGs from the US. CG are only sold in nail supply stores here and even then they are hard to come by.

      Delete
  3. Ooh these are gorgeous and a lot prettier that the 2 other collections released by CG this year. I love Chalk Me Up, blues are totally rocking my world this year. I'm off to try and buy this collection now, thanks for getting time to swatch them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The last couple collections from CG have been disappointing (although there are a few goodies in each collection but as a whole I haven't been a fan). This collection definitely makes up for it though.

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful collection! I need to grab a few of these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it? I hope you can get some soon xx

      Delete