OPI Swatch Spam

Saturday 13 May 2017


It's been quite some time since I have done any form of "swatch spam" here on my blog and I don't think I have ever done an OPI swatch spam.  I am currently unwell (nothing serious - it's just a cold) and have been feeling quite unmotivated over the last few days.  I thought rather than forcing myself to push through I'd take a mini time out from doing my nails.  Luckily I have some manis that have been sitting on my computer for quite some time (so long that there are some pictures from when I use to do my pictures with my phone) so I thought I would pop them into a swatch spam for you.  I quite like going back and re-wearing some of the older polishes in my collection.  I would love to one day have all of the polishes I own swatched on my blog but they may take me about 100 years.  Anyway, I am babbling.  Let's look at the polishes.


Crown Me Already is probably one of my all time favourite glitter polishes (especially from OPI).  The formula is great and you don't need to fish for the glitters.  Plus it's super sparkly!   My swatch is one coat of China Glaze I'd Melt For You.


Do You Lilac It?  is a bit of a classic OPI polish if you ask me.  I'm not even sure how long I have had this polish for.  It's got a great formula and is such a beautiful colour.  My swatch shows two coats.


Kermit Me To Speak.  I have no notes of this polish at all and I can't recall what I think of the formula.  I do know that I used three coats for my swatch though.


Pink Friday is another favourite of mine.  I have used this polish quite a few times over the years.  The formula is great and it's a pretty colour.  My swatch shows two coats.


Taupe-less Beach.  The formula of this one is amazing.  You can easily get away with one coat on short nails and it's such a nice taupe colour.  I love taupe nails, especially in the cooler weather (I'm currently wearing a taupe mani).  I used two coats for my swatch.


OPI You're Such A Budapest is such a gorgeous, gorgeous colour.  It's one that I should wear more often (which yes I know I say that a lot about a lot of polish).  I see it a lot on Instagram and always stop to find out what the polish is because it is just so beautiful.  I do find the formula to be on the sheer side, so I used three coats for my swatch.


I know I mentioned it earlier but I do love re-wearing older polishes and doing swatch spams is a great reason to break some of them out.  Maybe that should be my new goal of mine once I get through swatching all of the polishes I purchased last year?  

What are some of your all time favourite OPI polishes?  Or what are some of the OPIs on your wishlist?

6 comments:

  1. I love the OPI Liquid Sands... a lot. My favorite textured polishes. A lemming of mine is Stars Go By. Uh-Oh Roll Dow The Window is one of my favorite OPI polishes of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Liquid Sands. They were the only textured polishes I had for quite some time (I now have a few Pixie Dusts from Zoya). You're making me want to break out the textured polishes again. It's been a while.

      Delete
  2. Tracy I hope you're feeling a bit better. I hate getting any kind of sick because I know my nail hobby takes a hit & sometimes it's so hard to get back into it.
    Live a swatch spam, these colours are gorgeous & you're right, I should totally wear You're Such A Budapest more too, I love it!!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I am getting there slowly but surely. I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs to wear You're Such A Budapest more. I'm sure we both have a few of those sorts of polishes that we really should wear more lol

      Delete
  3. I'm in the throes of a cold atm & it's the pits. Hope you're beginning to feel better Tracy!

    As for OPI polishes, You're Such A Budapest is one of my favourites too! I ought to wear it more often, but with a burgeoning stash filled with polishes I've yet to sport on my nails + a real lazy streak when it comes to wearing polish....you get my drift. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Not you too! I am definitely starting to feel better (although still lacking some motivation). I hope you start to feel better really soon.

      I am hearing you loud and clear on the whole new polishes etc. So many pretties and so little time!

      Delete