Celestial Cosmetics The Stars Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 10 August 2017


Celestial Cosmetics recently did a call out looking for people interesting in swatching for them.  Naturally I put my hand straight up and was lucky enough to be selected to swatch their August collection - The Stars.  This is definitely a very special collection as this collection was done in collaboration with the Celestial Stars Facebook Group members (if you aren't already a member you can join here).  Nicki started off by asking for inspiration pictures and then chose her top twelve from those pictures.  The Stars then voted to get the top six.  Once the polishes were created, Nicki then had The Stars suggest names which Nicki selected the names she found suited the polish and theme the best.  Thus, The Stars Collection was born!  How cool is that?  Anyway, let's take a look at these polishes.


Pale Moon Rising is a light blue base with red sparks, silver flakes and pink holo micro shards.  I love the glitters in this one.  I think they are so beautiful.  The formula is easy to use and it is opaque in three coats.  You can get away with two coats on shorter nails or if you don't mind having a slight visible nail line.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Point Of No Return is a black based holo with a sprinkle of red micro glitter.  I really like the added twist of the red glitters.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Stars In Our Souls is a bright blue based jelly packed full of holo soft pink micro glitter, holo sapphire micro glitter and holo bright pink micro glitters.  This is definitely my favourite of this collection.  It's really pretty and sparkly.  It actually gives my 4th of July vibes - so for those of you who celebrate the 4th of July then definitely add this to your wishlist.  The formula is great and easy to use.  As it is a jelly it is a little on the sheer side.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sunrise On Venus is a pink base with a green shimmer, green sparks and light green micro glitter.  This one is quite interesting and definitely unique in my collection.  The formula is easy to use and it dries quite quickly.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sunset Dreams is an orange linear holo with colour shifting flakes.  I am a big fan on flakies in a holo base, but sadly I am not a fan of the orange (that is just a personal preference though).  The formula is easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can get away with two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Final Frontier is a dark blue based filled with violet sparks and silver micro glitter.  This is one of those polishes that calls for some Galaxy nail art on it.  Does anyone else think that?  I am a fan of this colour.  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
One of the things that I love about this collection is how it came about.  I think it is so cool that fans get to have some input into polish collections.  The collection itself is great and has a good mix of colours.  The formulas are all great and really easy to work with.  My personal favourite is definitely Stars In Our Souls, followed by The Final Frontier, Pale Moon Rising and Point Of No Return.

The Stars Collection is being released on Sunday 13th at 8am ACST on the Celestial Cosmetics Australian Site and on Saturday 12th at 6.30pm EST on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment