SM Polish Out Of This World Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 7 August 2017


It has been quite some time since I have tried any new brands (and by new brands I mean new to me).  SM Polish aren't exactly a new brand as they have been around for a couple of year now, but they have only just popped up on my radar.  They have some neon polish which initially caught my eye.  Anyway, I was chatting with Shakila (the owner of SM Polish) and she asked if I would like to swatch and review some of her new collections that are coming out.  So today I have the first new release to share with you.  This collection is called Out Of This World and consists of five polishes which can be purchased individually or as the full collection at a discounted price.  Warning: this post is quite picture heavy.


Deep Space is described as having micro flakes in a fine colour travel base that transitions between crimson and bronze/gold.  I think this is a pretty colour but the formula is definitely on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch and it is still see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Galaxy is described as having micro flakes and larger aqua holographic glitters in a fine colour travel base that transitions between aqua green and purple.  This is another pretty shade but again it's really sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Nebula is described as having micro flakes in a fine colour travel glitter base that transitions between crimson and bronze/gold.  This one is definitely the most sheer of the collection.  I think it needs to be worn over a base colour.  I used four coats for my swatch and it is still see through at the tips.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Orion is described as having micro flakes and larger gold holographic glitters in a fine colour travel base that transitions between brown, green and gold.  This is my least favourite of the collection (but that is based on personal preference).  The formula is easy to use but it is quite sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Portal is described as having micro flakes and larger gold holographic glitters in a fine colour travel base that transitions between lime green and rose gold.  Again, this polish is quite sheer but it is easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Overall I think this is a nice collection but I am disappointed with how sheer these polishes are.  I was expecting them to be opaque in two coats, not be three plus colours and still be see through at the tips.

The Out Of This World Collection is being released on Friday 11th August at 5pm AEST on SM Polish's site.  If you use my code 'olivia10' you will receive a 10% discount (minimum purchase I believe is $20).

No comments:

Post a Comment