China Glaze Happily Never After Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 12 September 2017


This post has taken me quite some time to get around to doing.  You would think that I have been busy or something lol.  Anyway, I was doing a bit of online window shopping - just having a look to see what is around when I stumbled across China Glaze's Halloween collection for this year and I knew I just had to grab it.  I was disappointed with last years collection as they were just core polishes and not anything new.  But this year, they have released six new polishes and I couldn't be happier.


Crown For Whatever is a blurple matte with a pink shimmer.  I really like this one.  I was half expecting it be be similar to an OPI polish but given the matte formula it is so very very different.  I don't think my pictures do this polish justice.  The formula is easy to use, it does dry relatively quickly so you do need to work pretty fast and it is close to being a one coater.  I did experience some slight cracking in the polish as it dried but only on one nail on my left hand.  I'm not sure why, but just thought I should mention it.  I used two coats for my swatch.  

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box (with top coat)

Picture taken in light box with flash
Do You, Boo! is a chunky black and gold glitter topper.  I really like this for a Halloween glitter.  It has a great glitter pay off and it was to use (no fishing required).  My swatch shows one coat over OPI Fiercely Fiona.  I needed two coats of top coat to smooth it out.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Life's Grimm is described as a black shimmer with green/gold undertones.  The formula of this one is fantastic.  It's really easy to use and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Lookin' Gore-geous is a vampy purple creme.  Perfect colour for fall/winter.  The formula is fantastic - you could easily get away with doing one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Queen, Please! is described as a white pearl with pink/purple undertones.  I think this one is really pretty, but it is really sheer.  I don't think it could build up to be opaque so I layered it over OPI Be There In A Prosecco (my swatch shows one coat).  I love this combination! 

Picture taken in light box
Sin-derella is a taupe grey base with a strong pink shimmer.  This is definitely the most interesting of the collection.  I did find this to be a little on the sheer side for my taste so next time I will be wearing it over a base colour.  The formula is easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I quite like this collection.  I can see me getting a fair bit of use out of them, especially during the cooler weather (which apparently Melbourne likes despite it being Spring!).  What do you think of this collection?  Will you be picking any up?

2 comments:

  1. This is a first. I don't really care for any of them. Well...I do like Crown for Whatever but it looks very similar to OPI Ink which I have so I don't need this one. What a let down. No Halloween polishes last year and nothing impressive this year. Oh well...there's always next year lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year's CG Halloween Collection I was disappointed with too. I do like this years though. I have OPI Ink (well at least I think I do) and Crown For Whatever is quite different. It's closer to OPI Turn On The Northern Lights (but again they are different). There is definitely always next year. Hopefully we will see some really cool stuff coming out across all the brands

      Delete