Color Club Pastel Neon Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 6 April 2015


Last week when I swatched the new China Glaze collection I mentioned that I received my two orders from head2toe beauty and it was full of neon goodness.  Well the other order (which took less than a week to arrive so I'm super impressed) was the Color Club Pastel Neon and Pastel Neon Remix collections.  Sooooo many gorgeous colours it was extremely hard to pick what to swatch first so I decided to swatch in the order I purchased them in.

I've been drooling about the Pastel Neon collection from the moment I started seeing pictures on Instagram.  I definitely am not disappointed with the colours at all.  They are all gorgeous.  I am however slightly disappointed with the formulas.  They apply streaky and patchy so need three coats for even coverage (with the exception of Disco's Not Dead.  I actually needed four coats for that one).   I have also used them in my Easter Nail Art Idea (here) and found them a little difficult to work with there as the colours are quite thin.  I was really hoping they would work well in nail art like the China Glaze Sunsational cremes that I love.  Now that being said I love the colours so much that the formula will not actually stop me from using them.

Diggin' The Dancing Queen is a bright pastel lilac creme.  I think this one has the best formula of the collection.  It is nearly completely opaque in two coats so I think if you are really careful with it's application you may be about to get away with two.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Disco's Not Dead is a bright pastel yellow creme.   It's definitely not a typical pastel yellow creme - it's more of a buttery kind of yellow.  I honestly don't know how else to describe it.  This one has the streakiest formula of the collection.  I needed four coats for my swatch.

Hot-Hot-Hot Pants is a bright pastel peach creme.  Stunning colour.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Feathered Hair Out To There is a bright pastel pink creme.  Love this colour.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Meet Me At The Rink is a bright pastel sky blue creme.  I can see me grabbing for this whenever I need a sky in some nail art.  I used three coats for my swatch.

'Til The Record Stops is a bright pastel green creme.  Super pretty green.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Under The Blacklight is a bright yellowy green pastel creme.  Now this colour really surprised me.  I didn't think I would like it as much as I do.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Overall, I do love the colours in this collection.  I do wish that the formulas were better or worked better in nail art.  Hopefully overtime they will thicken up or something and work better.  I will be doing swatch comparisons of this collection hopefully this week so let me know if there are any you would like me to compare.

Tomorrow I will be back with the Color Club Pastel Neon Remix collection.

14 comments:

  1. I know you say the formulas isn't great but unfortunately you have made the colours look way too good and I NEED to own them! ALL of them. I'm absolutely mad for the peach neon! Do you think they might be less streaky over a white base? Whatever, you've made them look flawless. Can't wait for the remix swatches though I'm really hoping I'm not keen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, despite the formulas I think the colours are definitely worth the extra effort. I don't think a white base will help much. I had a white base for that tape mani I did last week and I had to do extra thick colour and dab it on it make it look even.

      Delete
    2. The colours sell it to me. I can cope with three or four coats. It's when they refuse to dry and dent like Model's Own that I give up!

      Delete
    3. These ones definitely do dry. They aren't super quick to dry like the CG neons but they do dry in a reasonable time I think. If you can only get one of the two collections I would say get these ones. You will use them more. I have a comparison post coming either tomorrow or Thursday (depends on if I get it done today) and *spoiler alert* I don't have any dupes for these :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome ! Ur swatches always make me want to buy all the polish ! 😍😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for amazing swatches. !!! Ur swatches always makes me want to buy all polish !!! U are esp really good in making neon,pastel neon looks gooodddd 😍😍😍 !neon queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shane about the fornulas. They never seem to be in stock at the same time as the CG collection. At least one polish is always missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a shame about the formulas but then most pastel tend to be tricky. The colours are definitely worth the extra IMO. When I ordered that CCs all of the CGs were in stock on H2T but I purchased the CGs earlier because I was going to burst if I had to wait a second longer. Are you going to be picking up some of the CGs and CCs?

      Delete
  5. I agree with Claire, you made them look too good to not want them despite the formulas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. The colours are definitely gorgeous so formula issues aside I think they are worth it. I remember having issues with the CG Sunsations (although not when I used them for nail art) but I didn't have as much issues when I did the comparisons to the new CGs. I have either gotten use to working with them or their formulas have changed over time. Maybe that will happen to these. Either way, they will be worn lots I am sure.

      Delete
  6. Hoping my Head2Toe order arrives as quickly as yours - normally I order from HB Beauty Bar but have had issues recently. I order from H2T based on your quick comment at the top on speed. Bought the new electric collection from CG. Would have ordered these two but I can't stand difficult formulation. Anything more than two coats and I'm out regardless of how beautiful the colour is (and these are B E A utiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you have had issues with HB Beauty Bar recently. That must be very frustrating. I've never actually ordered from there. I usually order all of my CG and CCs from H2T and have done so for years. To this day, I have never had a broken bottle or lost package and the longest my order has ever taken in 2 weeks (which is great for international postage). My last two orders came in record time so fingers crossed yours do too :)

      Delete